Monday, February 09, 2009

The price of education ....

As I stepped out of the rather grand entrance hall into the parking lot and turned back to look at the quaint architecture, it struck me that I could very well be in some century old school in England. As I looked around, I noticed the perfectly manicured and tastefully laid out sprawling garden which even included a mini Stonehenge. Looking at the mini layout of the school, my eyes enviously rested on the 2 basketball courts, 2 tennis courts, swimming pool, football & hockey ground. Some people have all the luck....
Back to waiting in the lobby and my PSP was my saviour as noisy boys roamed the corridors between classes who gave more than a second glance to the rather eye catching helmet of mine (here we go again .....) Everything done, my bro & I were ready to leave the school and head back to town when my brother dopped a bombshell in a matter of a fact way " ....really nice school, well mannered kids. Guess what the fees are? 6 lacs a year" Thats a shade under what you would pay for a 2 year MBA in a pretty good Bschool in India! Not many things can make me speechless. This one most certainly did. Im still in shock. Holy cow!

No comments: