Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Camel Lunch

A couple of weeks back I my 1st Camel Lunch of 2009. 'A what?' you might ask. Simply put, a Camel Lunch is a lunch in which you end up eating so much that you actually are stuffed for the next 24 hours. It is possible.......

In todays overly-weight conscious world, enjoying a good meal is becoming a rarity. How often have you seen a person just give in to the temptation of really good meal? For me I usually have 2 Camel Lunch's a year - for Christmas & Easter. On those 2 days, it takes a lot of effort for me to climb the steps to my bedroom cause I am so stuffed. The best part of a Camel Lunch - the simply divine post lunch sleep which can extend to 4+ hours.

This time my Camel Lunch happened cause I had gone for a lunch buffet to a restaurant in Banglore. To say that I loved the food would be a gross understatement. I was so full after eating that I said to myself - no desserts. 5 minutes later I decided to go check the dessert section. Big mistake - pastries, jelly, 3 flavours of ice cream, a chocolate fountain to soak brownies/cake pieces, gulab jamuns and something else were just too tempting. My mouth waters at the very thought of them today. Sufficient to say I went for more than a couple of rounds of dessert.

And I could barely touch food for the next 1 1/2 days. It is good to break down our self imposed walls once in a while. Oh yeah, one last thing - burp !

1 comment:

MaVeRiCk said...

The name of the restaurant please :D