Thursday, July 01, 2010

Through a looking glass of sorts

Its early June and each time I step out of my place in Bangalore I look out my window with a furrowed brow and worried eyes. The month of June heralds the arrival of the monsoon in southern India and the last thing I want to do is ride around in the rain and come down with a cold. Need to go get a packet of chips before the start of the World Cup match only to find that its pouring cats and dogs outside ? To hell with the chips then, Im not getting half soaked just to munch on something. People avoid commuting in Bangalore when its raining, the only problem being everyone thinks the same way. Which means that the roads are mucky and traffic is a royal pain the moment the rain lets up. Monsoon in Bangalore isn’t the most pleasant of times.

Its late June now and Im back at home in Cochin enjoying a well deserved break from all the corporate madness that Ive been subjected to. Im sitting by the window curled up with a book and enjoying the perfect setting that the cloudy gray sky provides. I feel the ever so soothing and yet gentle touch of a faint pre-rain breeze (Sadly most people dont even know what that is). I look out the window in anticipation. A flash of lightning in the distance. The eventual thunder roll. I count the seconds between the lightning and the accompanying thunder only to realise that Ive forgotten the calculation Im supposed to do with that number. The book is absorbing. Eventually I hear the sound of the incoming rain. It almost sounds like the rain God is saying 'Shhhh'.

Maybe its all about the window.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.