Saturday, January 08, 2011

The 2011 look

Its 2011. Pardon me for not celebrating like a madman and bringing the roof down (for starters, my landlord would not approve) because like most other people I too have realised that yet another year has gone by and not much has changed. I will spare you the incredibly boring and long speech on how fate conspired against me over the last year and the other 101 reasons as to why status quo has been maintained. What has changed though is the design of this blog. After 4 1/2 years of that prehistoric green theme, I finally decided that it was time for a change. Fear not dear readers (yes, all 2 of you, don’t worry I know who you are, its very sweet that you 2 to occasionally keep reading this blog and ensure that I’m not the only one reading my own posts) I will continue to be funny, insightful, thought provoking blah blah in my posts and will ensure that I don’t get into the writers block too often.


My hope is that I do enough of good blogging (questionable to say the least) throughout the year so that it will provide the necessary kick up the proverbial arse to get me started on my book which currently resides between my ears. Sell a few million copies, quit my job, buy Fiat Puntos in all the colours I like, donate a bit to charity, pick up a LED TV so big that I need to sit in the next room to be able to see both ends of the TV along with a microwave to make popcorn, kick back and relax is what should happen after that. Sounds good to me.


Plus the world is supposed to end next year. Technically it was supposed to end in 2000 but people have rather conveniently forgotten about that. Maybe there is a lot to look forward to after all, in 2011.

4 comments:

Buls said...

I wish the world would end NOW...

Anonymous said...

Nice start to the year :)

Anonymous said...

Doesnt the above 2 complete the list of readers you have :)

Madhusudhan.R.S said...

well gotta give it.. your ramblings to make an interesting read.. you earned yourself a new reader :)